Sunday, December 2, 2018

Holidays At Hogwarts: Day 2


Holidays At Hogwarts: Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of the Funko Pop Advent related nail art! I'm going to have to think of a better intro as there are still so many little doors to open, I can't keep saying the same thing!

Behind door #2 is a thestral!
Skeletal, winged horses, Thestrals can only be seen by those who have witnessed death. ~Pottermore 

I actually already own one of these but a standard Funko Pop size, so this mini one is definitely a welcome addition!



Unfortunately I don't have a handy stamping plate with a thestral image so I had to get out the acrylic paint and have a go at freehand...I mean, it kind of turned out but then it was so hard to capture it in the pictures!


Polishes:
Bee's Knees Lacquer - Thestral Hair, Basilisk Horn
Bundle Monster - Bam! White
BornPretty Store - Nirvana, Brown
It Girl Nail Art - Olive
NYC - Matte Me Crazy
Stamping:
Clear Jelly Stamper - H-24

The forest nails are done in the "pond" technique - I used a jelly polish, BKL Basilisk Horn, and stamped white trees, then top coated and covered with another layer of Basilisk Horn, repeating the process with green stamping polish before finalizing with the brown colored stamping. So that's a total of 3 layers of Basilisk Horn here. given that it is a jelly with unicorn pee pigment, wearing it alone will likely take 3 coats to be fully opaque. I have swatched both Thestral Hair and Basilisk Horn here, and they are available once again the the BKL shop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment