Monday, August 22, 2016

HPB Presents: Goldfish

Hobby Polish Bloggers picked "goldfish" as the theme for the August link up, so I just gave to participate this time around! Maybe even more than once if I'm feeling ambitious!

Read more to see how this all started!
Not too long ago I used a new CG color called Combat Blue-ts (post here) and I started making drag marble decals with a light blue, Bonita Santorini's Ocean. It was so satisfying to swirl the colors around and make this water look..but I did it on my mat and the polish dried really fast and became brittle in a couple of days.
There were some patches where the nail was peeking through, and I was really questioning if I should continue with the design in mind..but it would just haunt me if I put it off.
I'm not yet confident to try drag marble directly on my nails..the few times I tried, the polish dried too fast or I had a ton of it pooling all around...so I'll stick with the mat and decals for now ;)

This pond looks pretty busy, but I ended up liking it a lot! I've seen similar designs done with paint and since I have no freehand skills I relied on stamping. The lilies and the pads are from my very first stamping plate - Konad m66. I used both green and white stamping polish for the lilypads, and white for the fishies -they're from a Messy Mansion plate MM09. I didn't even realize I used my two firsts here - I think a lot of us got into stamping via Konad, and this Messy Mansion plate was my first brand outside of Konad. Then I used a few OPI color paints to color in the images -Landscape Artist, Magenta Muse and Chromatic Orange. I had a pink creme polish sitting nearby so I added a few pink flowers too. The more tiny images I added, the more I felt I achieved my goal in this design! I hope to do a few more before the end of the month and can't wait to see what else gets added to the linkup!

No comments:

Post a Comment