Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Swatch & Art: Cupcake - Blue Orchid

Welcome to my Swatch & Art post - today's star is a lovely teal holo from Cupcake Polish called Blue Orchid.
 
This was an exclusive polish to the Holo Hookup box for the month of August and a lot of firsts for me!
This is a collaboration box with some core brands that are featured monthly, as well as various guest brands that join in.  August theme is "A Day in the Garden" so that's where the color inspirations are from. This is my first time trying 3 of the brands so I'm excited! I went for the Cupcake first.

I applied two coats and couldn't be happier. This is my kind of color and the holo on this is strong..we've been having sunny days so I get to admire my nails often.

Depending on the lighting and angle, it either leaned more teal or cyan blue and gave me the impression that it's metallic. Being named Blue Orchid...I was itching to add some orchid art to it.

Ta-da! I love this. I used a navy stamping polish from MdU and plate Pro 07 from Moyou London. I didn't topcoat at this stage and the stamping looked like I used real paint on it.

I wanted something more...so I double stamped.

I think it would have been better to have left the navy alone, or have done white in the background..something here just wasn't working for me.

From afar it can look like splatter, so we can just say this was an artsy attempt!  

No comments:

Post a Comment