Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Presents - Recreation: Day 3

The Digit-al Dozen Presents - Recreation: Day 3

Tonic Polish - Empress; swirl nail art
We are halfway through the week!! Who's looking forward to the weekend?? I know I am...but then, I am doing that week after week! A coworker once told me this is how we wish our life away..hm...deep thoughts, but Saturdays are still great when I don't have to go into work!!
Today's recreation is of a rather simple - purple and silver - mani, which I almost skipped because it barely counted in my mind. But I guess technically, even a solid color accent nail counts as minimal nail art. I couldn't bring myself to recreate it exactly, so I went for a more "sophisticated" look with a stamped silver design. But first, the polish!
Tonic Polish - Empress; swirl nail art
Tonic Polish - Empress; a purple crelly with a strong red-gold-green shifting shimmer (known as the original Unicorn Pee pigment). Very sheer on the first coat but builds nicely with 2-3 coats.; for my swatches I used 3 thick-ish coats except on the pointed, where I used thinner coats because apparently I can't be consistent!
Tonic Polish - Empress; swirl nail art
Tonic Polish - Empress; swirl nail art
The stamping plate I used is Lina Nail Art Supplies Twirls & Swirls 01 and stamping polish in silver is Esmaltes da Kelly Kylo Ren. Tonic Polish - Empress; swirl nail art
Take a look at the linkup below, it's so fun seeing the manis recreated, some techniques I've nearly forgotten about, or never got around to try in the first place!

Tonic Polish: Shop | Instagram | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment