Monday, September 3, 2018

Back to Hogwarts!


It's been a little while since I've just done nail art, and I had the perfect plates, prompt and inspiration! So let's take a peek at how this was put together!
I'm pretty proud to say that this was all done with stamping! I initially thought of doing a sponged on gradient but decided to try stamping it instead. Originally this design was for The Digit-al Dozen August Bday, but for my final look I changed it to Hogwarts because I could get 2 birds with one stone!

I started with a base of white - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri White (not pictured because it's just white)
Then I stamped a 3 color gradient of It Girl Nail Art Mimosa, Pomelo and Marina - I used Creative Shop Stamping plate 71 for the "blank" image - it's just a solid rectangle that helps stamp on a solid color. Then I used Creative Shop Stamping plate 35 for the splatter image and stamped again in a 3 color gradient on Mundo de Unas Pastel Blue, Mexican Pink and Red Wine

It looks pretty artsy at this stage, but not exactly like a sky..

I got some new stamping plates from AliExpress recently, most have a nature theme (trees, mountains) so I used Bundle Monster Straight Up Black to stamp these. Plates are WULUSHANG WLS037 and WLS142

I used a few other colors for reverse stamping - grey from China Glaze Pelican Gray, taupe is Sinful Colors Processo, and  Mermaid Tail. The ring finger's image is supposed to have a tent at the bottom but I guess it's too teeny and I placed it really low to be recognizable. That's OK though...the background was the real highlight and I needed to cover the tent to put Hogwars there anyway. So I painted the lower section in white and reverse stamped from plate WLS005 the iconic castle.




Then I had an idea to stamp the flying Ford Anglia on the middle nail and totally ruined it! The stamper was really old and wasn't giving up the image and ended up wrecking the nail and peeling off sections. I had to re-do it, but I pushed through the setback because I was so happy with what I got so far. Time for hehe plate 31 - car stamped in It Girl Nail Art Marina, and colored in a little with SC Nice Stems
Ta-da! Heading back to Hogwars, second year style!

I hope you enjoyed this look, it was a lot of fun to create! I owe a few more Harry Potter looks to the #polishedpotterheads over on IG,  maybe I'll have time for them this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment