Friday, June 22, 2018

Watermelon Fluid Nail Art ft. Sinful Colors Redrum

Watermelon fluid nail art
Hello & welcome! After so many swatches going up on the blog, I'm excited to show some bright summery nail art for a change!
I was scrolling the internet and wishing to myself that there were more colors available for fluid art, I just have the Sinful Colors hypnotic transforming top coats. So I wondered if mixing polishes would yield in new ones - I tried SC Redrum and a basic white cream and was thrilled to get pink - and it was forming cells as I watched! I added 1 drop white and 1 drop Redrum onto the lid of a container and swirled them together with a dotting tool - you can see the variation in colors depending on how well blended they are or if there's a disproportionate amount of color. But to test if the colors flowed (aka "fluid") I drew a smile line with a bright green and a darker green and tilted my lid. Greens used are Bonita Shark Bait & The Best Mint. I initially tried to do this like drag marble - I did a watermelon mani like that before- post here-  but couldn't quite get it to work.
Watermelon fluid nail art
As you see from my work in progress pic - I added french tips with the darkest green to make sure there was enough of a rind, and applied the decals. The decals dried for a few days because I didn't get to them right away, but Wet n Wild Clear Protector is always reliable to save super dry decals.
Watermelon fluid nail art
Watermelon fluid nail art
Watermelon fluid nail art
Watermelon fluid nail art
And of course to finalize that watermelon feel, I stamped back seeds from plate Uber Chic Beauty plate 9-01 and ta-da!
Watermelon fluid nail art

No comments:

Post a Comment