Thursday, April 19, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Indie Love: Day 5

Dreamland Lacquer Lazy River cherry blossom nail art
Ta-da! The very final Digit-al Dozen design from me, comes in at the 11th hour lol. Actually, it was supposed to have been done last week so I'm definitely late but wanted to see this idea come to life and not give up! Hope you enjoy it :)
I did use a mainstream polish here, but I think the indie elements cover it up well and the final look is more or less made up of both indie polish as well as stamping plate! Hm..I don't even know what stamping plates would qualify as non-indies..maybe Konad?
Tonic Polish Dragons at Dust ombre
I started my base with a gradient of China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle - ( it's one of my most favorite colors ) and Tonic Polish Dragons at Dusk. It took a lot of sponging and the multichrome transferred over more as a deep blue color so I ended up dry-brushing more polish on at the end to help the colors shift. Although I suppose that for the final look, it wasn't necessary to do that.
Dreamland Lacquer Lazy River ombre
One magic coat of polish later, and I'm in love!! This is all thanks for Dreamland Lacquer Lazy River - I have a blog post from last month on this polish -see here.
Dreamland Lacquer Lazy River ombre
I've worn Lazy River as a topper over a handful of colors, Cindy was rocking skittles for a few days while I played with color combos. Bottom line, I loves this transformer over every color, but I stuck to the blue/green/aqua bases.
Dreamland Lacquer Lazy River ombre
For the art, I used Clear Jelly Stamper plate Veil of Old Japan, and I realized the actual name is LC-12. I like the unofficial name more, it's epic! This was my first ever CJS plate, as soon as I saw it release - my jaw hit the floor and I neeeeeded it in my life. I'm secretly a sucker for Asian motifs and designs ;)
Dreamland Lacquer Lazy River cherry blossom nail art
I used black, white and brown stamping polishes from BornPretty Store, and MdU Neon Pink & Mexican Pink for the blossoms. It's a great layering plate if those are up your alley!

It's been a difficult week, both at work and at home, and I almost gave up on finalizing this design (which I started last Friday) but I'm glad I pushed through and now have something bright and cheery to admire on my nails. Favorite colors, sparkly flakies, cherry blossoms, instant mood booster!

If you haven't seen everyone else's contributions from the Digit-al Dozen week, take a peek in the link up, and keep your eyes on our blogs for next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment