Saturday, May 3, 2014

Stamping: Lily of the Valley

My favorite flowers that I look forward to in spring are lilacs and lilies of the valley. More than a decade ago, I got a giant bouquet of lilies of the valley for my birthday (it's in May) so when May comes around - I always look for these flowers. To my delight, grandma planted some in our garden!




Not too long ago I got a new stamping plate from Vivid Lacquer (VL019) and it has an image of this flower on it, so in the back of my mind I've been planning on doing this mani. You know how it is - you see a plate or a polish and have a picture in your head of what mani to do and you must have it right away, and the it arrives in the mail and you're happy that you have it - and put it in the box with the rest of the goodies and don't make the mani right away? Yeah...that's been happening a lot, but at least I have a good excuse - no nail art allowed at work, so I have to save it till the weekends </3
White and green were the easy colors, but what background color to use was the hard part. I was leaning towards pastels, but I'm glad I picked this blue instead! After I had applied it, I noticed how well it compliments my sapphire ring, and even hubby agreed it was a good choice <3



I didn't have any images of leaves like these on my stamping plates, so I just drew them on my stampers and make a decal. Then stamped the flowers on and covered everything with SV :) 
Base: Julep - Tracy
Leaves: Ulta - Envy
Flowers: Konad Special White

I found a group of ladies that do #StampingSaturday and have an open link for people to join and post their designs, so I'm going to try and sneak this one in and hope they don't kick me out :P

No comments:

Post a Comment