Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Presents: Tropical; Day 1

The Digit-al Dozen - Tropical Watermelon


August is almost halfway through, and this is going to be another Digit-al Dozen week - our theme this month is "Tropical." For some reason to me that means fruits and palm trees, heehee. So hang around and as usual, check out the linkup at the end of the post to see what everyone else is doing each day!
I pulled out one my tropical stamping plates, Moyou London Tropical 08 - because "Tropical" is officially in the plate's name so I couldn't go wrong with whatever is on there, right?! :D That's what I was thinking too, so Day 1 has me doing watermelons. Mmmm,, yummy.

My green base color is Tonic Polish - You'll Move Mountains, and I just applied a white cream to my accent nail. Watermelon stripes are stamped with It Girl Nail Art Marina - while I knew the brand for a while, I actually made my first purchase just last month while in Seattle for The Indie Shop! It was great to finally meet the maker, Nicole, irl - we're both part of a local polish addicts group.

The red is BornPretty Store red stamping polish - I added a little black for the seeds and a pale green for the rinds on the watermelon slices. Overall, I ended up liking the end result more than I thought I would, and really pleased with how well It Girl polish stamped! I now regret not picking up more colors, but I still have 3 others to try out!



No comments:

Post a Comment