Monday, September 14, 2015

30 Days of Colour & Stamping Saturday: Holo

Day 14 Holo & a late Stamping Saturday mani

I had this design in mind for stamping, so I went with a non-traditional holo polish. KBShimmer Home Surf  - a muted teal crelly with silver holo glitters. 
 When I first swatched it on a nail stick, it looked a lot grey-er and more "muted" then I was expecting, but after looking up additional swatches, I concluded that's just what the color looks like, and it actually grew on me - it changes slightly, depending on the lighting.
I used 3 coats to cover up my nail line.
 It looks more teal in the sunshine. It really reminds me of the ocean. We went to the beach a few weeks ago and the weather was rather overcast so the color of the water was more muted and more like Home Surf than the Caribbean waters I was imagining, not that our Pacific NW coasts have those vivid waters, but I can dream ;)
 No lack of glitters in this bottle - so fishing isn't necessary! Just brush 'em on :D

And here's my flop of a stamping design. It looked way better in my head, but the colors ended up not contrasting as I'd hoped. 
How about we say the lilypads are somewhat submerged in water - then it'll not be a complete fail, haha! 
 Stamping plate is BP-80 from BornPretty Store; black polish is Ya Qin An, MdU colors in green & tulip. I used KBShimmer You're So Shellfish to fill in the larger flowers and like how those came out, but wish my nail canvases displayed them better. My nails might be growing longer, but they're not getting any wider!! I suppose that's a good thing though ;)

Alrighty, let's see what the linkups for 30 Days of Colour and Stamping Saturday have to show up :D Remember, you're welcome to join either (or both) events and participate as much or as little as you want! I've skipped a few of the 30 Days...hopefully I'll be able to make those up.


get the InLinkz code

No comments:

Post a Comment