Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Ocean Gradient with Enchanted Polish

There's a pretty popular mani depicting the beach, and I wanted to try my hand at it. Here is the result!
I've seen this design time and time again, and most recently Alesya over at PhD Nails did her own version, and that convinced me that it's my turn now.
It's so sparkly! I might have overdone it with all the holo polishes - 3 for the gradient and 1 more to stamp the waves with. As a result it was hard to photograph, lol.
Of course I was too impatient to order the sea shell charms and pearls that often gets added to a mani like this, so I improvised with some stamping and added a starfish (BM-503)
 For the waves I used ColorClub Harp On It and BM-509

The close ups show more detail, even the tiny "sand" grains - which is actually Zoya Godiva.
 The star is stamped in MdU #53 - Geranium 



And here's a closer look at the gradient - using 3 Enchanted Polishes: May 2015, April 2015 and December 2014.



Yesterday I posted a swatch of just the base, April 2015. And if you look closely at the macros, the violet flash from the base color still shows up despite the gradient and the additional art.
I'd love to know what you think of my version of the beach mani!


No comments:

Post a Comment