Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Skittle Stamping ft. Bee's Knees Lacquer - The Asteri

 Skittle Stamping ft. Bee's Knees Lacquer - The Asteri

Bee's Knees Lacquer - The Asteri skittle
Hello & welcome! I've got a quick stamped look to share today that might give you last minute Halloween inspiration. Or you know... there's always next year!
*Post contains polish that was previously provided as PR as well as affiliate code with Maniology*

This mani was inspired by my friend Courtney/Polished Lifting - Neon Witch Skittle Stamping. I've had the same stamping plate in my stash for a year now - it's the Maniology MXM015 - and it was the reason I signed up for the monthly subscription box in 2019. And yes...I finally peeled off the blue tape and used it! 

Courtney did a neon skittle with really fun polishes, but I thought I'd best stick to a "traditional" combo of purple and black. But not just a plain purple....a magical one!

Bee's Knees Lacquer - The Asteri skittle
It's a purple skittle! The star of the show is Bee's Knees Lacquer - The Asteri. It is a pearlescent multichrome with a silvery white base that has a strong shift from magenta to gold to orange. It was released earlier in the year as part of the Crescent City collection and became a favorite among BKL fans. 
Bee's Knees Lacquer - The Asteri skittle
For this mani I chose to layer The Asteri over various undies to get the skittle effect, I'll list the polishes used.
Index: Tonic Polish - Happy Beginning (cobalt blue)
Middle: Bee's Knees Lacquer - Power (purple)
Ring: Bee's Knees Lacquer - Unicorn Hair (lilac)
Pinky: Bee's Knees Lacquer - Pinky (pale pink)
Bee's Knees Lacquer - The Asteri skittle
Is it considered a double skittle if each nail has a different stamp? All images are from the MXM015 plate, stamped with Maniology's Straight Up Black polish.
Bee's Knees Lacquer - The Asteri skittle

My Maniology affiliate code is KOI10 - it gets you a 10% off a purchase and will get me a small commission from the sale - but best of all, it lets me knows my art inspired someone! ⁠


Bee's KneesShop Instagram | Facebook 
Maniology: Shop | Instagram | Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I'm brand new to nail art, and started with Maniology. I need to tell you how awesome and helpful your blog is! I just ordered this color based on your reviews. Thank you for all the work you put in to showing off so many colors and techniques. Side note: do you have any tips for making Straight Up Black clean up easier? Any stray polish leaves me with black streaks everywhere. Mani Mask only saves my finger tips. Lol

    ReplyDelete