Thursday, October 22, 2020

Nail Art - October 2020

 Nail Art - October 2020

Uber Chic Beauty - Halloween 04

Hello, hello! I've thought long and hard about how best to add more nail art to my blog, and decided I need to revive my Swatch & Art type of posts and root around in my stash for inspo. And then just showcase all the other art into a monthly post if they don't fit anywhere else, so that's what this post is!

At this point we're pretty much at the end of October, so in this post I will put the nail art I've already done this month and add anything new if I end up making more. And I really hope I will! Its really been bringing a smile to my face to get back to art and admire my nails.

Uber Chic Beauty - Halloween 04
You can't blame me for all the pumpkins...it's a staple! 

Nail polish: Bee's Knees Lacquer - God Queen Tyreen ... and Troy, Wenches With Wrenches, Possessed
Stamping polish: Hit The Bottle - Looking for Mr. Grey
Stamping plate: Uber Chic Beauty - Halloween 04

Uber Chic Beauty - Halloween 04
Matte? Glossy? Matte?? It's awesome in both versions, good thing the top coats are clear so I can re-apply if I change my mind lol. A little tip for the reverse stamped pumpkins - I was worried the orange jelly polish would be too sheer and look dark over the base color, so I added a layer of a nude polish as backing to the orange. It made them more opaque and stand out against a dark background.

Maniology M158
You can't get through October without spooky nail art so here's the first! 
Nail Polish: Zoya - Dahlia
Stamping Polish: Maniology - Bam White, Straight Up Black; Hit The Bottle - Slime After Slime
Stamping plate: Maniology  - M158

Maniology M158
My Maniology affiliate code is KOI10 - it gets you a 10% off a purchase and will get me a small commission from the sale - but best of all, it lets me knows my art inspired someone!  

Orange fluid nail art
This fluid art was meant to be a pumpkin - but I'm not sure that it came cross as such. I meant for the orange and white to be like the flesh and stringy bits inside, and the green to be the rind. I did a similar design a few years ago but for watermelon slices and think that one worked out better because it was easier to recognize. There's not much reason to cut pumpkin into slices besides roasting...

Nail Polish: Bee's Knees Lacquer - Soul. Time; Dance Legend - Spot It White

Orange fluid nail art

Bee's Knees Lacquer - Protection
This one is a pretty simple single color stamp, but I loved the color combination! It's vibrant but still has a Halloween vibe.

Nail Polish: Bee's Knees Lacquer - Protection
Stamping Polish: It Girl Nail Art - Mimosa
Stamping Plate: Lina Nail Art SuppliesSpooklicious! 03
Bee's Knees Lacquer - Protection

Bee's Knees Lacquer - Protection


Uber Chic Beauty - Pretty in Plaid
I re-used the pixie dust accent nail for a buffalo plaid design! Red and black are always great together, right? :)

Nail Polish: Bee's Knees Lacquer - The Red Room; Zoya - Dahlia
Stamping Polish: Maniology - Straight Up Black
Stamping Plater: Uber Chic Beauty - Pretty in Plaid 01
Uber Chic Beauty - Pretty in Plaid
Uber Chic Beauty - Pretty in Plaid
Uber Chic Beauty - Pretty in Plaid
Uber Chic Beauty - Pretty in Plaid

Clear Jelly Stamper - Wicked Halloween
Another bat design!
Nail Polish: Tonic Polish - Shine a Light, Social Injustice
Stamping Polish: Maniology - Straight Up Black
Stamping Plate: Clear Jelly Stamper - H-24  Wicked Halloween
Clear Jelly Stamper - Wicked Halloween



No comments:

Post a Comment