Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Swatch & Art: Enchanted Polish "April 2015"

Summer is going by, and a lot of my manicure ideas are not getting onto my nails so I want to try to do more arts and get it out of my system so I can transition into fall and not regret all the things I didn't get to do. This swatch is the base of one of those designs I need to cross off my list.

Enchanted Polish - April 2015
If you look closely at the corner of the bottle - you'll notice that this isn't just a plain white polish, there's more to it!

For those unfamiliar with Enchanted Polish monthlies - they are mystery colors. When I first got this one in the mail, I thought it was a white holo and promptly put it away with the other EPs that I own. I pulled it out when I started creating one of my design ideas, and after applying 2 coats of this, I started questioning what color it actually was.  I wanted to call it off-white/grey, but the longer I wore it, the more lavender I saw, and there is definitely a violet flash to it. It reminds me of the inside of an oyster shell - a prearly kind of color. And it's holographic!
 Top part of the macro shows off the violet really well.
And this is the "art" part of it - I used EP May 2015 and December 2014 to make a gradient. Once I started photographing it, it was clear that it'll be a picture heavy post, so I broke up the base into it's own post.

Please see the finished manicure here

No comments:

Post a Comment