Monday, April 25, 2016

#31DC2016Weekly: Metallic

I've got another mani for #31DC2016Weekly challenge - this week's prompt is metallic. I ended up with this molten gold looking smoosh. My friend said they look like fancy granite counter tops and now that's all I can think about when I look at them! 

This wasn't what I originally planned, but one of these smoosh nails was an accent for another mani and the longer I wore it, the more it grew on me. As I had a few more practice smooshes still left on my silicone mat, I covered them with a clear coat and made decals.
Smooshing is fun and pretty easy - but it can be messy depending on how you choose to do it! This time I made decals instead of applying directly to my nails. I mainly did it this way because I wasn't sure I would like the end result and didn't want to risk having to reapply the base coats and colors. Plus, another perk of decals is that the smoosh can be left on the mat for a few days and even if it starts to look dry and brittle, applying a clear coat revitalizes it and makes it soft again and ready for application!
I went with SH Insta-Dri Night Fright for my black, and one of my more unique gold polishes - Golden Florence by Bonita Colors. It's a thicker formula that's really opaque, I never need more than one coat, and it has a slightly textured look and feel to it. Adding a topcoat transforms it and makes the color bolder and more metallic looking. In the close up above you can see that it kind of transforms throughout the smoosh, like molten gold. 

I've got another GoT mani lined up - it's black, gold, and has tentacles! Hope you drop by to see it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment