Saturday, February 20, 2016

Stamping Saturday: Silver Roses

Hello & welcome to another Stamping Saturday! Last week when I did my rose mani, I really wanted to repeat the design and do all of them silver! So this is what I did, but I switched out the base color to a bright and happy blue.

Check after the jump for swatches of this lovely blue beauty and info on roses!
I might be using Nvr Enuff polishes more often recently, but I'm definitely obsessed with them so why not! There was a sale a little while ago, of prototypes, and I picked up some. Prototypes are gorgeous colors that for whatever reason did not fit the makers' vision, so they were sold as mysteries to clear out some inventory and this is the first one I reached for - a sparkly blue.

It's hard to describe the composition of a polish and what all went into its creation, in this one I see tiny holographic glitters and it seems like the base is filled with tiny glass flecks. There's also a pretty blue/purple flash that came out under certain lightning. For that reason, I want to guess that this is a possible prototype for a recent group custom, called Aurora Boreapples.

Because it seemed a bit sheer to me on first swatch, I tested it by itself and with undies. To get the color to match the bottle and better cover my nail line, it took me 4 coats. It probably would not have shown in photos, but I'm paranoid about it so I used a pale blue cream polish as my base, that way my nail line was completely covered up after 3 additional coats of the Prototype

The shift didn't show on my swatches but it's there in the bottle - along the edges.

The roses are the same as I did on Sunday (post here) using ILNP First Class & Ski Lodge, stamp from CICI & SISI plate 03. 
I am definitely liking First Class! I want to use it as accents and bases - flakie silvers are pretty handy!
Check out what's been added to the linkup and join us? Linkup is open until next weekend, so there's still time!
get the InLinkz code

No comments:

Post a Comment