Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Presents: Look Up - Day 5

The Digit-al Dozen Presents: Look Up - Day 5

Deadpool Nail Art
I've got the final mani to share today for the Digit-al Dozen November theme "Look Up". This is another one that benefits from a little backstory ;)
I've got a shelf right by my computer, so whenever I look up, a bright red thing always catches my eye - it's a Deadpool funko! He shares the shelf with Harry Potter and Newt Scamander, but because Deadpool is so vivid, it's the first one the eyes see! Hubby and I recently started bringing home funko pops and for some reason I really really like the Deadpool ones. I tried to use some of them for props while taking pictures but it was super awkward to hold them x_x
Deadpool Nail Art
Isn't he cute?! The wizard is my favorite out of the few I own...the panda version is one that I really wish I had! And the polish, it's Bee's Knees Lacquer Look What She Made Me Do. BKL actually did have a Deadpool collection earlier in the year but I don't own any, and I've been using this particular red, or its undie partner, in recent manicures so it was within easy reach. It's part of The Conjuring collection that I have swatched earlier.
Red and Black Fluid Nail Art
I ended up doing a fluid nail art look, creating a few decals on my container lid and letting them dry well. I used 2 special polishes to make the fluid art signature "cells" -  Dance Legend Spot It Black, and Sinful Colors Redrum. I alternated drops of the 3 polishes and swirled my lid around. The shimmer from Look What She Made Me Do adds a nice glow.
Red and Black Fluid Nail Art
I've got a lot of lids in my desk with fluid art or drip marbles on them - I find that using Wet n Wild Clear Protector works really well for me when it comes to reviving the decals and making sure they don't crack on me. And  I always use a coat of ORLY Bonder to make sure the decals actually adhere to the nail.
Red and Black Fluid Nail Art
Red and Black Fluid Nail Art
Red and Black Fluid Nail Art
Red and Black Fluid Nail Art
I actually thought I would stop there as fluid art is, well, already art, so I didn't need to stamp. Plus, our Digit-al Dozen gals have in the past done an "inspired by" or "abstract" renditions and I've thought to myself "I should do more of those, I take everything so literally.." But I've got a stamping plate with Deadpool so...when else would I use it?
Deadpool Nail Art
And then I thought "I'll just do once accent nail..." and then it kind of kept growing and growing until I added something to every nail!
Deadpool Nail Art
Stamping polishes:
Bundle Monster - Bam! White, Straight Up Black
EdK - Darth Vader
Stamping plates:
Creative Shop Stamping - 46, 35
UberChic Beauty - Zombie Love 02
I had to freehand "POOL" because I didn't have that on a plate, so it's a bit off, but overall, I do really like how it turned out! I used Sinful Colors Study Break to color in Deadpool himself, and accents with Secret Admirer - but the actual image is a large one and so it had to be cut to fit on the nail.
Deadpool Nail Art
Lastly, I put on a matte top coat for the heck of it, and it ended up being my favorite version of this whole mani! It looked better irl than on pictures, had a very "comic book" vibe, even hubby liked it and he usually hates when I use a matte top coat!

So that's it for Day 5 and this month's Digit-al Dozen posts! Check out the linkup below as usual, and our crew will be back again in December!




No comments:

Post a Comment