Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Presents: Look Up - Day 1

The Digit-al Dozen Presents: Look Up - Day 1

Uber Chic Beauty Halloween 04
Welcome to another Digit-al Dozen week! It's definitely been quiet around the blog here, I was taking a little swatch break and trying to grow my nails out...then promptly gave up and went back to my overlay. Ah well, I really do enjoy the longer canvas for art! Our theme for November is "Look Up", so I expect to see a wide variety of designs from everyone participating in the linkups!
"Look Up" can be so many things! My first one may be an excuse to keep using my Halloween stamping plates, but I really do have this kind of decor where I can "look up" and see it!
Uber Chic Beauty Halloween 04
About 3 years ago when I went to work at an offsite location, Oct 1 rolled around and I walked into work to find my cubicle covered in Halloween. Pumpkin lights, gummy shapes of pumpkins, bats, cats, witches, candy corn, spiders, all sorts of things, just covering my monitor and walls. I must admit, I was petrified. My first though was "wow this office really goes all our for Halloween!", but then I walked all around the office, and nope, mine is the only cubicle that's festive af x_x At that point in time, I had never even seen Nightmare before Christmas, so I was feeling pretty uneasy and ran over to a coworker to ask if she knows what's up - thankfully she's one of those people that can't keep a secret or a straight face, and she admitted that she let in a friend of mine to come decorate. I've moved cubicles since then, but kept most of the gummies, they're hanging out on my window year round, and I notice each passing year I like Halloween more and more. I even dressed up for the first time this year! Maybe this is the sneaky influence?
Uber Chic Beauty Halloween 04
I'm currently wearing overlays in a "cover pink" color so I knew the base color would still peek through this polish but Bee's Knees Lacquer The Dreams That Are Answered was a good choice to add sparkle and shimmer and I can pretend it's window glass. I used Bundle Monster Straight Up Black and Bam! White, Uber Chic Beauty Halloween 04 for the assorted images.

Every time I look up to check the weather outside before heading out on a walk - do I need my sunglasses? my coat? is it pouring buckets and I'm gonna stay in? - I see my little spooky kitties and bats and I think of my friend :)




No comments:

Post a Comment