Saturday, July 7, 2018

Fluid Nail Art - Articuno

Blue Fluid Nail Art Team Mystic Articuno Pokemon Go
Welcome to the first post for July! It's been a little quiet on the blog but trust me, posts are getting ready for the rest of the month! I've got The Digit-al Dozen theme almost wrapped up and exciting new releases to show! For today, it's just a little bit of fluid art and stamping that I did for fun - Pokemon themed! 
It's been nearly 2 years since the Pokemon Go app came out, and I still check in from time to time! Today was an Articuno related event and I almost met up with a local Discord group to go raiding but then didn't...because my mani wasn't done! Hahaha j/k, that wasn't the real reason but I'm just a casual player so I just stamped an Articuno on my nails and called it a good day!
Blue Fluid Nail Art
I did another fluid nail art base using a blue color scheme, because I'm on team Mystic! I dabbed a few colors on to my silicone mat and smooshed them with a stamper - thus creating two decals at the same time! The cells effect wasn't as prominent as in some previous fluid art attempts but I still really like the colors and swirly/flowy effect.
Blue Fluid Nail Art
Colors used are mainly Nvr Enuff Polish - MysticDoveBlue-icorn and Dream Springs, and of course the trusty Sinful Colors Rebel Rebel - the hypnotic transforming "top coat" that makes the cells possible. 

Blue Fluid Nail Art Team Mystic Articuno Pokemon Go

And the stamping - pretty minimalist but hey, it's Pokemon, and I've been waiting to use this place for a long time! I just double stamped using black and pastel blue (Mundo de Unas colors) from a Pokemon Go stamping plate that I also got from Mundo de Unas. They're got such cute plates, a lot of Disney princess/villain themes that I've liked, super heroes like Marvel and DC universes, I can build a pretty long wishlist! The plate was like $3.50 on sale so definitely worth it! Link to plate. 

I also saw that Nvr Enuff was considering releasing a Pokemon themed collection, so I've been keeping my fingers crossed and my stamping plate on standby, hopefully it'll see more use~!


No comments:

Post a Comment