Friday, February 3, 2017

Swatch & Art: Tonic Polish - Light of Lyra

Hello and Welcome! It looks like my latest blog posts are all about Tonic Nail Polish - but if you own any, you know how gorgeous they are, so it makes sense that I want to keep playing with them!
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra and Nfu Oh 50
I must admit, although this polish was released in the introductory collection (like, summer of 2016) I didn't get my own bottle until December. I went to brunch with friends and one of them was wearing Light of Lyra with a flakie topper, and I basically drooled and begged to borrow it and ordered my own bottle asap. See her wearing it on IG!
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra
Light of Lyra - creamy bright purple nail polish with strong aqua shimmer
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra a
I used just two coats and it applied like butter, and dried a bit satin, so of course, top coat is needed to add gloss to the shimmer
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra
Even when taking the pictures, I noticed that it's more of a vibrant purple in the bottle and looks more blue on my nails. I think it's due to my lightbox, as the purple stood out in other lighting situations
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra and Nfu Oh 50
And then I dabbed on a flakie topper - Nfu-Oh 50. Tonic Polish Light of Lyra and Nfu Oh 50
The base jelly  in 50 matches Light of Lyra and the flakie are aqua...it's like they're meant for each other, great way to add a wow factor to an already stunning color.
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra and Nfu Oh 50
If you're familiar with Nfu-Oh, you know their bottles are a work of art. I think I took a dozen pictures of just the bottle when I used a different polish months ago, and then never made a post about it, lol. I returned this one of course, but it's on my mental wishlist because I want to wear it again.
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra and Nfu Oh 50
I'm just going to call the flakies as my "art" because the stamping I attempted wasn't good.
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra and Nfu Oh 50
It was December..and I just received a new stamping plate I ordered from Aliexpress, but I overlooked the fact that it was an acrylic plate. Idk if the quality was poor or if that's the norm, but I couldn't really pick up a clean image. It's like the plate has a slight texture and you can't just scrape off excess polish - it stays and gets picked up by the stamper, and it just made the stamps look grainy.
Tonic Polish Light of Lyra and Nfu Oh 50
Black really pops but I wish it was neater...I wasn't able to remove that much dark pigment without ruining the mani underneath so I left it as it was...and that's the reason I didn't share it when back then, I just wasn't happy with it. But it's ok if not everything works out, learning for next time!

Tonic Polish: Shop | Instagram | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment