Saturday, December 19, 2015

Stamping Saturday & HPB Presents: Holiday Nails

I think I'm so full of holiday design ideas that I'm getting anxious I won't be able to get them all done before the holidays pass! Today I have a 2 in 1 kind of post, Stamping Saturday and HPB, as well as 2 designs based on one polish!
Last weekend a friend came over to hang out and play with polish, and brought some pretty bottles for me to drool over. Among them was ILNP Ski Lodge (a dark mossy green holo) and it's unlike anything I have in my collection and I started obsessing over it! This would have been the perfect excuse to place an order for some pretties over at ILNP, but I resisted!
I don't own that much greens, but I dug out a Revlon I picked up ages ago at Big Lots (for a $1!) and it fit my need. Doesn't look like a Revlon? Haha, it's been Fairy Dusted (China Glaze)! The color is called Rain Forest, but after I was all through the mani I noticed a Sinful Colors in my stash that's very similar, Amazonian, but a tad brighter - it would have worked as well.

Not bad for a drugstore polish, right? The gold beauty here is Bonita Golden Florence. It's pretty much opaque in one coat. Holly was the prompt a few days ago in the 30 Days of Colour group, so this is a very late mani for that prompt :)

I stamped with Sinful Colors Gold Medal using the holly image from Sugar Bubbles plate SBS 08. I bought my plate last year on the DRK website and I love the designs on it! Of course this year there are a lot more festive plates out and I've been eyeing a lot of them (specifically the Uber Chic one), but spaced out on ordering them and as we're at the end of December now, I'm hoping I can get through the holidays without caving in ;)

The berries are dotted in with Bonita Sweet Berry Red. The gold I used for stamping doesn't match the accents, but it's good enough! Maybe next year I'll pick up some gold & silver stamping polishes, as the ones I use now are drugstore brands that work well enough. So that's it for the holly mani! I hope you enjoyed it :)

Next up is a...I don't even know what I was going for here, but it's festive! I thought the contrast of green and white would be pretty and snowflakes are pretty, so..it kind of happened.

I got a Winstonia Have a Merry  Meery X'Mas! plate from Amy (The Fancy Side) after a little contest we had in October (thank you Amy!! <3) and have been waiting for inspiration to use it. I really wanted to try fancy white Christmas trees for this mani, and the snowflakes and sparkles on this plate are really pretty! The Noel wording is from a MoYou London Festive 17 plate, and white stamping polish is MdU. Even though none of the nails match, I like the overall look a lot!
Which one do you like more, the green & gold or green & white? I'd love to know your thoughts!


get the InLinkz code

No comments:

Post a Comment