Friday, February 23, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Does Mythical Creatures: Day 4


The Digit-al Dozen Does Mythical Creatures - Dragons

Tonic Polish Specte Dragon Maiden Nail Art
Another day in The Digit-al Dozen week, another mythical creature. This one *fingers crossed* shouldn't need an introduction!
Tonic Polish Specte
My base polish is a multichrome, so right up front that's a warning that it comes with a loooooot of pics, so I'll keep my rambling brief. Get ready for Tonic Polish  Spectre
Tonic Polish Specte
Spectre -
a multichrome that shifts from aqua to blue to purple, you can catch a bit of gold at the extreme edges of it (see bottle above)
Tonic Polish Specte
This was released back in November as part of the "Secrets & Soulmates" collection, so it's not retired, just in the vault at the moment, but I do believe it's coming back soon, so keep your eyes on the Facebook group if you want to own this baby
Tonic Polish Specte
This is just 2 coats and top coat. Tonic's multichromes are really pigmented so it doesn't take a lot to reach opacity. I do have a little bit of visible brushstrokes from my application, but that's not important when you're seeing all the colors dance on the nails. Or when you're planning to add nail art - just black paired with this is stunning, if you prefer to keep things simple
Tonic Polish Specte
If you've experienced Peacock Parade, think of Spectre as the baby sister
Tonic Polish Specte
Tonic Polish Specte
Tonic Polish Specte
Tonic Polish Specte
I flipped through some of my stamping plates and landed on an Eastern/Oriental dragon, and added a pretty maiden to complete the scene. And that's where I biffed it, lol. What I was initially thinking is the whole "sacrificing virgins to appease dragons/kidnapped maidens" Medieval kind of thing, cue knight in shining armor, epic slaying of the dragons. But that's the scenario for European dragons, not Eastern/Oriental ones. So I gotta change my tune here, thanks Wikipedia! I picked the Japanese dragon to back up my mani. They're serpentine-like with long bodies with 4 legs/claws, and no wings. They're usually benevolent, may grant wishes, and are water deities associated with rainfall and bodies of water. And I happen to learn a neat story that I wasn't aware of! "Ryujin" is a "dragon god" and ruler of seas and oceans, a dragon capable of changing into a human. He had a daughter, Toyotama-hime "Luminous Pearl Princess". Long story short, she married a prince and left the sea to live with him on land. She got preggo and the prince built her a child-delivery hut but didn't finish thatching it in time as she went into labor and promised her he wouldn't peek. But he did, and saw that she shape-shifted into a dragon and was holding the newborn. She got mad that he broke a promise and left him and the kid. She sent her little sister to help raise the baby. The baby grew up, banged his aunt, produced the first legendary Emperor of Japan. Whew, if that's not the stuff of myths then I don't know what is! My mani design is completely justified now!!
Tonic Polish Specte Dragon Maiden Nail Art
The base color is perfect for a "Luminous Pearl Princess" and a water deity, so let's get into the stamping details!
Tonic Polish Specte Dragon Maiden Nail Art
You can say the scales are triple stamped, using plate UberChic Fairytale 02 -  scales are A-England - Saint George, followed by black, and then silver holo Harp On It from Color Club.
The maiden is from plate 47 from Creative Shop, and the dragon is from MoYou London Suki 18. All colored in with the same green and silver and reverse stamped.
Tonic Polish Specte Dragon Maiden Nail Art
I'm still struggling with getting double stamping to line up on this one, but I think that's user error on my part and not the plate. Still thrilled with how "scaley" it came out!

Well, there is only 1 more left for this week, I hope you've been enjoying these posts! Take a look at everyone's work in the linkup down below and I'll see you next post!




No comments:

Post a Comment