Saturday, November 29, 2014

#52WPNMC & #StampingSaturday

Of course with the holidays it's harder to find time to do manicures more often, so gotta combine these challenges and post something!

For 52 Weeks Pick And Mix Challenge the prompts this week were "brush stroke" and/or "favorite brand". I went with brush stroke this time, and it's my first time seriously attempting it. I don't think visible brush strokes on past manis count for the technique, haha.


My polish of choice is Butter London Bobby Dazzler.  To be honest this color took me by surprise - I haven't worn it before, and it looked really different in the bottle than on the nail! I'll need to see if I have a solo shot of it, as I wore it on it's own for a couple of days. In the bottle  it looks like a pale yellow/metallic/gold color but once I applied it to my nails it became more silver chrome, but not like other silvers, this one's got a warmth and a pink tone to it that really wow'ed me by how wearable it is. Usually I don't reach for gold/yellow colors but this was going to be base for a different mani, and as soon as I applied it I changed my mind about what I'll do with it.
Husband told me he can see my brush strokes - yay! it means I got the technique to show! I used Essie Penny Talk and SH Insta-Dri Wined Up. Husband also said it looks like I've been playing with blood, heh, I guess he's right, but I was heading for fall colors to stamp over! Sometimes it's nice to stretch a mani for a week and build up to #StampingSaturday :)

 Leaf image is from a new plate - BornPretty 19, which I hope to post swatches of this week. Stamping polish is as usual MdU #2 Black.
Somehow with December looming next week, I feel like this is the end of fall manicures and time to get the winter ones going ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment