Sunday, January 21, 2018

Swatch & Art: Tonic Polish - Lula

Welcome! I've got a quick post to share today, as I'm trying to get back into the swing of things with my "Swatch & Art" post format..I don't know if I should try to just post swatches by themselves or not..it's certainly faster, but my heart is in the art!
Tonic Polish Lula- Floral Stamping with KADS plate
Tonic Polish Lula
Lula - purple with a strong red shimmer and a sprinkling of holographic micro glitter
Tonic Polish Lula
I used 2 coats + top coat for the swatches - expect the usual application for this brand, and if you don't already know - polishes tend to be a tad on the thicker side due to the amount of pigmentation in them, so you rarely need that third coat!
Tonic Polish Lula
This polish is kind of one that got Tonic its start - I remember seeing swatches of this proto in comparison to a popular color at the time, Illyrian's Unicorn Spell that was released in April '16, and so many people wanted to get their hands on it that Tonic as a brand was more or less forced to step up on the market! It was exciting watching it unfold, but Lula was released to the public in the Interlude collection rather than Debut, and I suspect some people have missed picking it up as the hype over Unicorn Spell kind of died down. So this is a very important color in Tonic's history, as far as I'm concerned!
Tonic Polish Lula
I don't know if it's just me, but the holo micro glitters always seem to mark a polish as a Tonic for me, I just love this addition.
Tonic Polish Lula
I didn't want to cover it all up with stamping so I went with just a 2 nail design of plaid & floral stamp from KADS 025 plate, using Sinful Colors Gold Medal and Tonic's One Million Flowers to color in the roses. Any black stamping polish will do to go over the flower outline.
Tonic Polish Lula- Floral Stamping with KADS plate
Quite a few Tonic colors are being restocked today, and more to follow next month! I have some swatched that I've never posted so I'll be going through them more often in the coming weeks :)
Tonic Polish: Shop | Instagram | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment