Friday, September 1, 2017

#31DC2017: Day 1 - Red


#31DC2017 - Red

Hello & Welcome! Does the title of the post look surprising from my norm? Or do you already know what's about to happen? Or rather...what I'm about to try! 31DC2017 is a 31 day challenge that typically takes place in September every year, and this year I will attempt it! I've tried it before and didn't succeed, but I'm going to stay hopeful. The intention is to post daily with new prompts, and it starts with red!
Sinful Colors Study Break and Redrum Art
Sinful Colors - Study Break

A beautiful bright red that dries matte, it's pretty pigmented so with shorter nails I think 1 coat would do! I used 2 coats because I topcoated the first one for the sake of durability, and left the second one to its natural finish. Which of course resulted in some creases from when I slept on it lol. It's been a long time since I've had that happen, thanks to wonderful quick drying topcoats!

This color is part of the Back to School/School Goals collection. Interestingly enough, on SC website they list Study Break as a fuchsia, and Poppy Talk as  red..I wonder what happened there..maybe a little switcharoo.

I'm really excited for this nail art because the star of this technique is another red polish! Redrum from SC is a new release, part of the Punk Yourself collection. It's technically a transforming topcoat, but all the colors are pigmented like normal polish, they just happen to react in cool ways with wet polish!

This is an attempt at fluid nail art - more and more has been showing up on IG and I really wanted to try it. Initially I was messing about with a silicone spray because all the videos showed it that way. But with the release of this SC collection, it got a whole lot easier! I just did my normal drip marble method. I used SC Snow Me White and a few drops of 24 Karat, but it hardly shows up. The 2 reds are Redrum and Study Break! Fluid nail art is supposed to have "cells" or..bubbles I guess..and I see some, so I'm gonna call this a win!
My friend Kyong did a great video on one method of making fluid art work - check out her YouTube vid! This is what inspired me to try it, but using the drip marble approach - I have a post on it here.

Well, day 1 and prompt is done! Off to a good start, but the orange I want to use will just be arriving on Saturday so I may not always post exactly on the day but I'll try not to slack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment