Monday, June 20, 2016

Drip Marble - no water needed!

Hello and welcome! In my last post I mentioned that I learned about a new nail art technique and would be trying it. It's called drip marble - the results are gorgeous marbled designs without any water! This is what I've been hoping to achieve but wasn't brave enough to try with watermarble.

Drip marble nail art
I think it's best to learn straight from the source, and in this case it's Colette of My Simple Little Pleasures. Check out her video on the process here!
This is what I started out with, a lid and a few polishes marbled into decals that I cut up and stuck on my nails.
Drip marble nail art
China Glaze Liquid Leather, Deviantly Daring, and Too Yacht to Handle. The gold is Sinful Colors Gold Medal.
Drip marble nail art
Unlike stamping, with marbling I don't expect to get identical results, so it's kind of beginner's luck that the swirls I got were ones I was really pleased with. I also learned that I couldn't use any of the drips from the top of  the lid, somehow they just did not peel for me.
Drip marble nail art
Because I was just practicing, I wasn't being very consistent in the order I dripped colors in. But I started with black and ended with aqua as that's the color I wanted to show up the most. Now it's going to be a challenge to replicate the results! Or I can try a different color scheme altogether, but this ended up looking like some sort of mineral and I really like it <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment