Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The North Remembers


I love Game of Thrones, so when I stumbled upon a polish collection based on the novels, I couldn't be happier. This is also my first indie polish, and first thermal polish!! The Etsy shop is called "Novel Nail Polish" and the first one I got is white to red, The North Remembers.

The North Remembers is a shimmery white when warm and shifts to a bright red when cold. It is inspired by the old gods in the Game of Thrones series and the heart trees northerners pray beneath. In the books, it is widely believed that the heart trees, which have white trunks and red leaves, keep the old gods connected to the men on earth. (Description from Novel Nail Polish)
 This was pretty sheer, so I used 3 coats, and can still see my smile line. It's nice and shimmery.
I think I was a bit manic over the weekend with my manicures - I probably had 4-5 different designs. When I used this polish on Monday, I really liked how soft and dainty it looks in it's warm state, and I was really satisfied with it - enough to keep the polish on for 2-3 days. This is day 3 now, and I'm starting to get some chips (pointer finger), so I'll take it off tomorrow after I try some stamping on it today.
Cold temperature turns the polish red, and I only experienced that briefly while I was outside for a bit. I'm indoors most of the time so I had to use cold water to really see the change take place.

As April draws nearer and the 4th season will begin, I'd like to do more manicures inspired by it. This is a great start, simple and clean, and makes me want to keep it on for a while longer - which is saying a lot!
And here's the stamping! Using Konad Special Black, and the image from JR-2 (My Online Shop) The polish is partially cold, so it's a mix of red and white.
And here the polish is completely warm, except for the tiny bit on the tip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment