Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Presents: TV Shows - Day 2


The Digit-al Dozen Presents: TV Shows - Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones Nail Art
I started my posts a day behind for The Digit-al Dozen week, so I'm double posting today and hope to stay on track after this. I saw a Game of Thrones mani in the link up for Day 2 and decided to use mine today as well!
When I was first brainstorming the TV shows I would use, hubby said "Game of Thrones is a show.." and I had a total "d'oh!" moment there, and he quickly followed up with "but you can't do it for all 5 days!" Aww...I bet I could have! Finally there are more stamping plates available with GoT imagery, so I put a few different ones together :)
 Bee's Knees Lacquer The Grays + flakie topper
I swatched Bee's Knees Lacquer The Grays - from the upcoming American Horror Story collection, it has these lovely flakies that reminded me of a topper I have, Fresh Paint Sugar Crush - so I layered a coat on to make it more blingy, and was reminded of a mani done by Cathy of  More Nail Polish  so I kind of went with that inspiration for this Game of Thrones design.
 Bee's Knees Lacquer The Grays + flakie topper
The only thing I wasn't happy with is the gears design, it's too thick but I couldn't remember if I had anymore plates with anything similar, I used MoYou London plate Gothic 07
Game of Thrones Nail Art
I got a chuckle out of the text "That's What I Do I Paint My Nails And I Know Things" that's on the GoT plate I got from Mundo de Unas, so I used it. It's a bit hard to see with the light glare, but there's a nail painting emoji included and I filled in the nail with a dab of red. The dragon scale is also from that same plate, as is the little dragon. The same plate also has the text "Game of Thrones" but it's a bit large and I didn't want to try shrinking text so I used the text from Creative Shop 35
Game of Thrones Nail Art
I definitely want to use more images from the stamping plate, but with something like GoT, I thankfully don't have to wait for a theme to prompt me, I'll try to squeeze in more designs when I get the inspo for them!




No comments:

Post a Comment