Thursday, May 12, 2016

#THELACQUERRING: Silver

Today is my first time joining #TheLacquerRing in their bi-monthly color/design prompts. May starts off with the color silver, and I have a really pretty one to show off!
I tried to keep the nail art minimal, but still add pops of color to all that silver canvas.
The silver I chose is First Class by ILNP. It's a very holographic and a very metallic silver.

Close up, it looks like the polish is made up of tiny little silver flakes, and it is! I used 2 coats for complete coverage on this one.

Find some sun, or in my case - a lamp, and all the holo comes out to play. It's seriously intense.

I really wanted to break into my OPI Color Paints, and the majority of the time I see them used, they're paired with a silver base, so I thought this would be the perfect base to try them out.

I stamped the butterfly wings with a black polish, the image is from MoYou Pro XL05 plate.

I used 3 of the color paints to dot in the wings - Turquoise Aesthetic, Indigo Motif, and Purple Perspective.

I was actually surprised at how dark and pigmented they turned out. Perhaps they would look lighter over a white base, but I really loved how the turquoise color looks over all those flakes underneath, it completely transformed the silver.

Take a look at all the other silver manis in the linkup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment