Saturday, October 3, 2015

Stamping Saturday: Ultra Chrome Flowers

 Stamping Saturday is here! And I'm excited to be able to show the mani I'm been wearing pretty much all week, lol. With having moved into the house, we won't have internet for almost a month so I'm anxious about getting an actual blog post written up (on the plus side, no broken nails so far!) But I think I'll make it with some workarounds ;)  So here are my ultra chrome flowers!

Click to read more for polish and plate details :D

I used MdU white for stamping and Messy Mansion 20 for the floral design. I've been wanting to use it for a while and when I finally decided to try an ultra chrome flakie polish, it seemed like a fitting image.

The polish itself is ILNP Luna. I purchased a few of these ultra chrome flakies when they first came out, but sadly this is the first time I'm actually using one of them. I should have gotten to them sooner, the effect is rather cool! 

From the website's description: Luna is an amazing Ultra Chrome Flakie that shifts through stunning arrays of blue, pink, purple, red and fuchsia! You might even catch hints of orange and gold depending on your lighting
I used a black base and sponged on about 3 coats of Luna for the coverage shown. 

Lighting definitely plays a huge role in what colors the polish shifts to - the photos above are all in outdoor lighting, and the one below is indoors. Overall, it was really fun to wear and I'm in no hurry to take it off, which is kind of nice for a change. 

I wanted to share what's on my agenda for this Saturday...a brand new Helmer (basically a storage cabinet that fits polish really well) has been assembled! Which means now I have two and I get to re-organize my pretties :D


No comments:

Post a Comment