Tuesday, September 12, 2017

#31DC2017: Day 6 - Violet

#31DC2017 - Violet
Tonic Polish Vaudeville Venom Fluid Nail Art
Back with another post for this grueling challenge! I'm a lot further along with nail art than I am with blogging, so here's more pictures of the "behind the scenes" work!
Tonic Polish Vaudeville Venom
Vaudeville Venom - a medium warm-leaning purple creme with a lovely multichrome shimmer - it goes through green, gold, fuchsia and even blue! 
Tonic Polish Vaudeville Venom
 This color was released as part of the "Road to Polish Con" series of polishes. Polish Con is back in Chicago this September. I won't be going this year but at least I picked up this Tonic Polish!
Tonic Polish Vaudeville Venom
I used two coats and top coat for the swatches. Creamy polishes are so nice to apply! Actually, this one reminded me of
Tonic's Silent Storm from last year's fall collection, same lovely shimmer.
Tonic Polish Vaudeville Venom
As usual, bottle shots show off best shimmers!
Tonic Polish Vaudeville Venom
And yet another fluid nail art! This was really fun, I think the more colors there are the cooler the effect...given that they don't all run together.
Tonic Polish Vaudeville Venom Fluid Nail Art
In addition to Vaudeville Venom, I added another
Tonic, Light of Lyra, combined with some Sinful Colors - Snow me White, 24/7, and 2 transforming toppers - Punk the Town and Purpunk.
Tonic Polish Vaudeville Venom Fluid Nail Art
I loved how it came out, and feel like I nailed what I used for inspiration - album art for The Birthday Massacre! A fellow Redditor commented on my nail art last year saying it was similar, and I got to listening to the music on and off. So this was intentional.
Tonic Polish Vaudeville Venom Fluid Nail Art
My pointer and pinkie nails are stamped with black using two new Halloween plates I picked up on AliExpress - DXE22 and DXE26 (from this listing). The little girl and bunny are from a water slide decal, DIY method of course.

Let's see what the link up has for this color! 


No comments:

Post a Comment