Saturday, January 7, 2017

Swatch & Art: Tonic Polish - I Glitterally DGAF

Welcome! Sometimes I feel like my blog posts are like feast or famine - either I post a lot or wander off for weeks at a time.. but it's the beginning of a new year and I still have things I want to show, so look forward to more posts next week! For now, let's take a look at what I did here...

The scene completely covers the base color, but I still wanted to show it!

I'll say it from the start - this is a limited edition polish that was released in October for the bi-monthly Ananomaker collaboration. All of the polishes were shown prior to being sold and the individual brands announced, but the bottles have two labels - one that keeps the brand anonymous and the second is normal branding. So you were kind of in the dark as to what brand you're purchasing from - but I had a strong hunch those tiny holo glitters are familiar.  Since it's 2 months after the box was sold, I think I'm OK to show the actual bottle and the maker's name - Tonic Polish! The only reason I knew this polish was made is because of a Facebook group - Acetone Alley. It's not available anymore, unless someone's destashing their bottle, but I still wanted to post about it.

I Glitterally DGAF  is a navy blue polish that has a purple and maroon shift, it has the tiny holo glitters as well as iridescent glitters that shift red/gold/green. These ones are getting popular it seems and I love that Tonic used them. This gives me hope that we'd see more in the future,and more specifically....blue polish! I have my fingers crossed for cobalt.

  I used two coats plus topcoat, which is typical of the Tonics that I own.

While I wore this, and in my photos, it's mainly reading as navy, and I like it a lot. The purple/maroon colors show up too but I didn't manage to capture them.


And now for the nail art that completely obliterated the base color! I was stumped on what to do with this base, and husband suggested aurora borealis. I thought it would be perfect - the base color is like a night sky! I never attempted northern lights but figured it would be close to a galaxy mani - just make the colors more linear, right?

And then I got carried away! While it was at this stage, I was wondering if I failed it as northern lights...but decided to continue because it still looked pretty even if it was more like a galaxy. Just add more glitter! I actually had fun dabbing all the colors on and admiring my masterpiece, I've gotta do that more often! I'll list the colors used:
Tonic Polish - Slitherin', Toxic, Luminescent; and maybe Color Club - Snow-Flakes .

I'm not 100% sure on Snow-Flakes as my bottle came with no label, and all my searching told me that there are two versions - flakie and glitter,so I'm going to lean towards having the glitter version. The closest thing to it that I've recently seen is from an indie brand - Illyrian Fireflies.

And the stamping is done with Creative Shop plate 37 (purchased on Beatometry). I made a decal from the mountain and bear image and filled it in with white. I am happy with the end result!

Tonic Polish: Etsy | Instagram | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment