Saturday, December 17, 2016

Swatch & Art: Tonic Polish - Dragons at Dusk

Welcome to another post featuring a Tonic Polish - this time our guest is the beautiful Dragons at Dusk!



Dragons at Dusk - peacock-blue jelly base with a strong emerald-blue-violet shifting multichrome. This was opaque in 2 coats!

I love how shifty multichromes are! Every turn of the bottle shows off a new facet of color <3

I used this polish just last week in another mani with a scale desing (blog post is here) and already I'm having other ideas and want to keep using it until I run out of creativity ahah
















And now for the nail art! I've spent some time just watching various nail art videos on YouTube and again and again, this "shattered glass" keeps coming up (see Google results for examples). It's a pretty simple technique of cutting up a color shifting cellophane and sticking it onto the nails to make it look like broken glass. Of course,it being winter, adding snowflakes or Christmas trees is fun, so that was my inspiration but I went about the execution differently.

I skipped the cellophane and used a flakie polish that looks like glass shards. It's Nvr Enuff Polish Opal. The polish isn't currently sold in their shop but it picked it up when it was re-released. 

I took a bit of a makeup sponge and dabbed the polish on the tips.

And then I used a white stamping polish and some snowflakes from plate MoYou London Enchanted 06 and a little polar bear from Bundle Monster BM-S156



I hope you enjoyed the polish as well as this winter nail art! I have a feeling Dragons at Dusk will be back sooner rather than later, but I do have some other new Tonics to show off next week, so please come back!
Tonic Polish: Etsy | Instagram | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment