Friday, March 16, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Does Stamping: Day 5

Day 5: Layered Stamping

Lina Nail Art Winter 02
Finale is here for The Digit-al Dozen and I've got colors and more colors in this look! It's mostly stamped, so let's see how this happened! Any Happy Potter fans getting some feelings of recognition? The castle, maybe?
I started with a coat of white and sponged on a gradient of 3 Bonita colors -Santorini's Ocean, Kyoto's Cherry Blossoms, and Summer Punch.Bonita gradient
I used to be pretty into collecting Bonitas, all my Rite Aids carried new collections all the time and then they stopped, and I got more into indies. I'm sure my friends just rolled their eyes when I found a new collection and was thrilled with it, they were already much more seasoned in the indie polish world and over mainstreams. I still have a full helmer drawer of these though...so time to dig them out and sacrifice to nail art!
Bonita Gradient
I had to re-do 2 nails because they didn't turn out quite as I wanted but I was too lazy to start the gradient again. I used the famous "blank space" image from a stamping plate and stamped the trio over white. I was surprised that it worked with these polishes and only took a couple repetitions.
Lina Nail Art Winter 02
And then stamping just happened and this is the result! I was very inspired by 2 manis from IG - Jess @allwaspolished has done this one a couple of times - sunset Hogwarts  and I combined that with a look from Evelyn @evy.novoa -pine trees.
Lina Nail Art Winter 02
I didn't have a hippogriff image like Jess does, but then, she's got a few custom Harry Potter stamping plates up her sleeve! So forgive my attempt at freehand and deviating from the stamping theme. Freehand and I are not friends so let's just gloss over my creature there, I'm super pleased with the overall look! I was using acrylic paint and mattefied my "canvas" and wanted to see it all like that. But then, the glossy version is so much better, in my opinion.
Lina Nail Art Winter 02
You may have seen this tree set up before, this is from plate Winter 02 from Lina Nail Art Supplied- it's  a triple layered stamp. I used 3 different colors from Mundo de Unas - black, mint, fiji. My Hogwarts castle is stamped from plate 30 by hehe

This has been a fun week and I enjoyed putting together the manis as well as seeing what's in the linkup! Of course I won't stop stamping just because the theme is over, and I'm planning quite a few new manis already, hope to see you back :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment