Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Does Mythical Creatures : Day 1

The Digit-al Dozen Does Mythical Creatures - Whale Anchor and Heart Lacquer Time Traveler Ocean Nail Art

Welcome back to another Digit-al Dozen week! This is my second month participating and I'm pretty excited for this theme - mythical creatures!
First thing's first, gotta cover the base color. I am wearing 2 coats of Anchor & Heart Lacquer's Time Traveler.Anchor and Heart Lacquer Time Traveler
Time Traveler - deep blue base that shifts emerald/lime/gold/pink and has small and micro shifting chameleon glitters
Anchor and Heart Lacquer Time Traveler
All of the different color shifts interacting together gave me the impression that it's purple with a lot of greenish/gold at the edges
Anchor and Heart Lacquer Time Traveler
And those chameleon glitters are still a favorite ingredient of mine, they add so many other pops of color and make for one complex polish!
Anchor and Heart Lacquer Time Traveler
I have so many ideas for designs for this week, but I wanted to do some double checking if the creatures I had in mind are officially mythical or just seem that way in my head. Lo and behold, one of the first mentions of mythical or legendary creatures I ran into is a whale! Paraphrasing Wikipedia here, but whales were thought of to be as scary as dragons during the Middle Ages. Then I remembered a story I loved as a kid - it's part of the Sinbad stories, where an island developed on top of a whale, and when the sailors landed and made fire, the whale felt the heat and woke up to crash the party! So yup, my whale is gonna qualify ahaha
Anchor and Heart Lacquer Time Traveler
I used images from two Creative Shop plates, 51 and 61, and stamped with 3 colors - silver, blue, and black. I used Esmaltes da Kelly Star Wars stamping polishes, silver is Kylo Ren, and blue is R2-D2, and black is just a random one I had on hand. I love that Time Traveler still peeks out around the whale, but then it makes me think the whale is swimming in space, rather than the ocean, making it even more mythical lol
 Anchor and Heart Lacquer Time Traveler

I think the best part of this theme is that there is so much variety across the world. My initial thoughts were along the lines of centaur, Minotaur, cyclops, Hydra, sirens.  But then I thought "there's no way I can do those on my nails!" They're not exactly stamping plate material, and we've already established I don't freehand!

As usual, check out the link up to see what everyone else did!



No comments:

Post a Comment