Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen Does All That Glitters: Day 4


The Digit-al Dozen Does All That Glitters: Day 4


Here we go with Day 4, approaching the finale now! I feel like this one is more in my element, cuz blue, so let's take a look!
I started off with 1 coat of White Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, and got the Luminaura from Social Claws powder out again. I basically only had to re-do 2 nails from the prior mani, so recycle and win win!

Then, I applied loose translucent flakies from a random Aliexpress order - no name, no number. Honestly, the Luminaura became invisible so I should have just skipped it, and the flakes gave me this yellow tinge that I was annoyed by.

But the longer I wore it, the more often  I started sticking my hand out to hubby and demanding "Is this mother of pearl!? Does it look like a pearl or the inside of a pretty shell? Yes? Yes!" - it definitely grew on me!

In the end, I liked it enough to wear it as a stand alone nail design. But like so many, I was aiming for the "All That Glitters is Cold" feel, and icicles came in to play.

I got out the vinyls I ordered from WhatsUp Nails and another SH polish, Co-Bolt Blue and sighed with satisfaction, this is definitely more in my comfort zone that working with glitter ahaha

Link up is down below, be sure to take a look and draw inspiration from all the awesome designs gathered there, and I'll see you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment