Sunday, December 24, 2017

Swatch & Art: Baroness X - Winter is Coming

Hello and welcome!! I've been having a lot of fun with festive manicures but not so much with the blogging bit. Ah well, here's a quick one!
Baroness X Winter is Coming Lina Nail Supply Winter



If this isn't a winter perfect, I don't know what is! Oh, but first I have to show off the base polish!
Baroness X Winter is Coming
Baroness X - Winter is Coming - a light grey base with silver shimmer and gunmetal microflakies
Baroness X Winter is Coming
This polish is part of the Ice & Fire collection, which of course, is inspired by Game of Thrones, so the polish name of course is near and dear to any fan, unless for some reason they dislike House Stark!
Baroness X Winter is Coming
It's a simple color which is perfect for what it's trying to represent here, and I got good coverage with just 2 coats, I tend to use thicker coats in my application, but I also knew I was going for a "french tip" design what would cover any VNL I had
Baroness X Winter is Coming Lina Nail Supply Winter
I was so eager to get Lina Nail Art Supplies plate 4 Seasons - Winter 02 after I saw mani after beautiful mani with these layered trees! And here's where it'll sound like witchcraft - I only used 1 stamping polish, and that's black! There's a new technique for stamping going around in some of my nail groups, and I initially saw the tutorial on it from Bundle Monster - it involves pigment powder to stamp with. It's rather simple actually, but results are fantastic!
Rub pigment onto clear stamper, pick up an image like normal, stamp on the nail! My black trees took on the tone of the pigment - best seen on index and pinkie nails.
It was more challenging to do this look with pigments because of the layers - clear stamper head gets covered in pigment so it's harder to see through, especially to line up on the nail to get a good tree line. If it was just a single stamp, then no problem :)

Actually, I'll make life easier for anyone who read this far and is interested - Lantern & Wren put up some listings for pigments and have a tutorial video on the page that my friend Kyong did - see here! If you have any pigments - give this a try! From the pearl ones, to multichromes and holo, it works. And if you don't have any or want more, I really do recommend you make Lantern & Wren your one stop shopping store for nail art supplied - where else can you order both Lina & Uber Chic plates in one place for such a low flat rate shipping? I did use the "Beautiful" pigment from them, and now that I look at it, "Jaunty" looks very close to the green I had laying around that I used in this mani! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this technique if you already stamp :)

SHOP: Baroness X | Lina Nail Art Supplies | Lantern & Wren


No comments:

Post a Comment