Monday, September 18, 2017

#31DC2017: Day 8 -Metallic

#31DC2017 - Metallic

Firecracker Lacquer Don't Be So Dire Wolf Valyrian Steel Nail Art
For this prompt, I did not use a metallic polish for my base color, but I did use it in my art. So lets start at the beginning and look at what's underneath!


Firecracker Lacquer - Don't Be So Dire, Wolf; a charcoal grey polish with holo glitters 
Firecracker Lacquer Don't Be So Dire Wolf

This is a new to me brand, which I have the privilege of borrowing some bottles from a friend to play with. The names tend to be punny, and this one cracks a smile from me - because of the direwolf reference, which is from Game of Thrones! And I actually remember reading Courtney's blog post on this polish..back in 2015!! Check it out !
Firecracker Lacquer Don't Be So Dire Wolf

I used 2 coats with top coat, it still felt a little textured from the glitter.
Firecracker Lacquer Don't Be So Dire Wolf

For the art, I went ahead and covered my ring finger with 1 coat of Sinful Colors Casablanca, and was surprised at how opaque it was and what a good coverage job it did! Maybe I shouldn't have been as surprised, but it's my holy grail silver stamping polish and I've never actually worn it as a regular polish.
Firecracker Lacquer Don't Be So Dire Wolf Valyrian Steel Nail Art

For said ring finger, I applied a water slide decal (DIY!) and stamped the other fingers with a print from Both Pretty Store plate BP-158. And I added some red blood splatters and "gems".
This is actually a wood grain, but I'm using it for a fancy metal. As soon as I saw this plate in new releases, I had to have it right away! Oh the ideas I have for this, I just hope I get around to implementing them!
BornPretty Store BP-158 Stamping Plate

So this look is inspired by 2 designs I saw on IG - coyarose and ladycrappo. They made valyrian steel design and I wanted to try my hand at it too. But take a look at the manis in the link up as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment