Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Swatch & Art: a Tonic Polish and Baroness X combo!

Hello & Welcome! Wow it's been a while since my last post.. I've been trying to polish but keep getting in a creative slump and filing my nails a little too much. Then I have to wait for them to gain back some length, as I often put off specific designs because I want them to fit better. Ah well, it happens. I've got something to show today, so let's get to it!

I'd better disclose right off the bat what exactly I'm wearing, as it's not a one polish deali-o here. I went with something the fans of the two brands have termed as "ToniX". The name came about when Tonic Polish and Baroness X collaborated a while back, and I think it's a cute and quick nickname for basically any mani pairing the two brands.


My base color is a lovely grey shimmer from Tonic Polish - Lunar Lust. If you've seen my swatch post of it before, you'll know that it doesn't quite look like this! I used Doomfire from Baroness X as a topper here. I love how it warmed up the color and make it look so chic on my nails. I used Glam Polish An Unexpected Journey for the accent sandwich again, this polish isn't getting a break!

I felt so fancy with these nails <3 And since Doomfire is a tinted jelly, the purple was really apparent. It was much harder to catch the green and gold extremes in the unicorn pee pigment though. I was still really pleased with the outcome.

I've been drawn to floral images lately, and thankfully Creative Shop plates have an abundance of them - I used plate 61 for these little crocuses.

I grabbed a couple random polishes hanging out on my desk to color in the flowers - I had them dry on my stamper before covering them in clear coat and applying to the nails once they dried.

Thanks for reading! Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment