Sunday, March 19, 2017

Swatch & Art: Tonic Polish - The Guardians of the Tower

Hello & Welcome! Today's post is going to feature one of two new Tonic polishes - Guardians of the Tower. This set is exclusive to Rainbow Connection - UK stockist that added Tonic Polish to the list of brands they carry, and occasionally this means exclusive polishes are made!

Guardians of the Tower - dark teal with pale pink to yellow shifting shimmer, a sprinkle of scattered holo, and fuchsia-gold-green shifting flakies

I really struggled to get a good shot to capture everything happening here, so I have more bottle pics than usual







The pink shimmer is beautiful with the greenish teal, and the flakies!! They remind me of a couple other Tonic polishes that contain flakies - Rainbowfish, Angelfish and Windy City.
I used 2 coats of polish + topcoat





For the nail art, I did something that's unusual for me - a smoosh!

I added a white polish and another Tonic - Sweet Pea, but it got completely lost among the white and teal

I would have been happy stopping here, this looks like a nice stormy ocean..or...a good base for  succulents

I double stamped with gold and black (Mundo de Unas) I used my dupe plate, but I don't think it's available on Aliexpress anymore, so the original plate is your best bet if you want to grow succulents on your nails - it's available from Uber Chic Beauty

I'd say these were a success!


Guardians of the Tower (as well as the second polish in the duo, The Answer is 42) were made available for US and Canada customers until 3/26/17, so if you order during this time - they'll be shipped from Tonic Polish directly to you! The downside of having exclusive polishes on international stockist sites is that polish first had to travel to that location, and then back to the States if you want to buy it. Not everyone gives the option to get exclusives straight from the maker so this is an amazing opportunity! Just for this, a separate site was set up for purchasing - Rainbow Connection Big Cartel.  If you want to buy them after 3/26, or if you're international, then the main RC site is the place to go :)

I'll get the second polish up this week, just haven't found inspiration for a nail art yet so I'm hoping something comes along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment