Wednesday, August 31, 2016

HPB Presents: Goldfish

Welcome back for my last post for this month's HPB theme - Goldfish. I just take things literally and here we are again, with another goldfish inspired mani.
I finally gave in and ordered some scale vinyls from What's Up Nails and used them to sponge on my Nvr Enuff flakie topper, Koi.
There's not much progress steps here as my base was white and black and then everything else kind of happened all at once.
I double stamped a goldfish using white and gold polish, and plate hehe 37. For the other nails - I started with a white base (and topcoat), and applied the scale vinyls. Then I sponged on black - I guess I could have painted this part on like normal, but I think if it's sponged on it's applied thinner and maybe dries better. I'm not sure, as I don't use vinyls much, but I wanted to sponge on the flakies over the black so I didn't want everything to blur together into a mess. Double sponging? Yeah...double stamp, double sponge, cuz two is better than one!
I'm very happy with the results! This could be my signature look...if I take a beak from trying to do new stuff too often!


No comments:

Post a Comment