Sunday, June 5, 2016

Neutral & Neon - Waterspotted Watermarble

Hello and welcome! Today I have just a quick little post on a design I stumbled upon on Instagram and immediately had to try - it's a watermable/waterpotted kind of oil slick looking design. 

Inspiration mani by Hannah of blitzseryozha can be seen here, and her video on making this is here.
I really liked the neutral and neon prompt that Hobby Polish Bloggers did for May, and wished I could have done more manis (the one I did can be seen here ) - but even if the link up is over, when inspiration comes - just do it!

For my base color I used one coat of Julep Erin - a pretty grey cream.

I used a latex barrier to protect my fingers from the watermarble as dunking naked fingers into polish is messy business. For the watermarble I used a handful of China Glaze polishes: Japanese Koi, Rain Dance the Night Away, Celtic Sun, Rose Among Thorns, Turned up Turquoise, That's Shore Bright, and I'm With the Lifeguard.
For the waterspotting effect, I tried spritzing rubbing alcohol but it wasn't working that well, so I tried a body spray and the results were better. I guess like anything to do with watermarble, what you're spraying is just another variable to test :)

No comments:

Post a Comment