Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Swatch & Art: Nvr Enuff Polish - Festivus

A little while ago there were a lot of Harry Potter nail designs done as tribute to Alan Rickman. One of my favorite indie brands - Nvr Enuff Polish - brought back their retired Harry Potter collections and offered them again, but unfortunately I was not able to buy them. I still wanted to do HP nails, and fortunately I have a bottle of Festivus, which I thought would be fitting to use, as it's a beautiful emerald green.

Festivus was created for the Hella Holo Customs group on FB a few months ago, so unfortunately it's not available for sale anymore, unless you get lucky and someone's parting with their bottle within the group.

I used two coats of this beautiful metallic green. I'm normally not drawn to green polishes, but after trying a couple recently, I'm really reconsidering them and branching out.

I'm really bummed about the lack of sun...this beauty is hiding a lot of holo sparkles! And I haven't figured out my photography setup to show it off properly...so just take my word for it!

To stamp the design and sigil I used my favorite silver - Sinful Colors Casablanca.

If you're at all into stamping, and Harry Potter, then hehe stamping plates are a must in your collection! Aiyoohehe sells the original and authentic ones, but Ebay and Ali have plenty of knockoffs. The designs and quality can be a bit off, but that goes for pretty much any plates purchased on Ali! The two plates I used were #26 & #27

I hope you've enjoyed this quick and simple post. I kind of want to do a Gryffindor look next, but Vday is approaching and romantic designs are popping up already! I'm also expecting an order of more Nvr Enuff polishes to arrive soon, so I'm looking forward to playing with new colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment