Saturday, October 17, 2015

Stamping Saturday: Spooky Scenery

I have another Halloween inspired look on my nails! As I missed Stamping Saturday last time - sorry ladies, I really wanted to have a mani ready for this one so I got it a few days ahead and kept showing it off to all my coworkers, lol. Since the move we're gone through quite a lot of our phone's data and the initial month long wait to get internet set up has been pushed out till Thanksgiving-ish and it's been really challenging being so limited and disconnected. So that's the reason behind the drop in blog posts..and I've been doing better about posting in the last couple of months!
So I hope you do enjoy my posts whenever I can get them up!
I really wanted a spooky looking scenery mani with a unique backdrop. Unfortunately I didn't have the polish I had in mind - a purpley multichrome that would look like twilight. So I had a go at layering a couple that I thought would come close to my vision. And nope...not even close.

I used Bonita Dying to Party as my base - it's a light shimmery grey. And on top of it I used I,A.M...Custom Color called JLove's 31 NPA Problems because it has that holo topcoat look but with the addition of a purple flash and lots of miltichrome flakies.
It wasn't quite the look I was going for, but it kind of grew on me. Plus it was late at night and that's 5 coats of polish (2 base and 3 topper). It started reminding me of pretty zombie flesh...idk where I got that idea as I'm not into zombies or other scary things. But in the end the polish took on a slightly pale green tinge, I confirmed with my husband as I was questioning my eyes.
I used the haunted house, graveyard and spiderweb images from Moyou Festive 16, and the bats are from Gothic 05. Ya Qin An black polish for stamping is the usual lately :)

Hope you enjoyed the design! And my pointer finger totally looks out of place..besides just getting chopped shorter last week, it broke...I hope it recovers soon!


get the InLinkz code

No comments:

Post a Comment