Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Gone Batty

October is here! And immediately Halloween manis started popping up! One of the popular monthly challenges on IG is #clairestelle8challenge and the first prompt for this month is Bats. I have not participated in this challenge before, and after the move and lacking internet, I think I'll hold off on challenges until November-ish. But seeing so many batty manis in my feed and in other places on social medial, I felt compelled to have a festive mani too.

Black and orange are pretty typical colors this time of year, right? 

As soon as I reached for my polishes of choice I realized the combo was oddly familiar...and sure enough, I checked my IG and I've done this bat mani last October! Not sure if I lack creativity or think my design idea is so great that I can't come up with anything else, lol 
I used the same plates Moyou Gothic 5 & 7 and mostly the same polishes. Julep Soraphine. SH Insta-Dri Pumpkin Queen and China Glaze Liquid Leather. This time I wanted to add something extra to the gradient (which I sponged on individually for a coarser look, rather than blending the colors together) so I dabbed on a little bit of Liquid Sky Lacquer Holo Top Coat over the orange, and for the tips I used Bear Pawlish Supernatural - a black holo.   
It alllllmost could pass for a negative space mani, with how sheer and natural looking Soraphine is! It was really fun wearing this mani again on slightly longer nails - although I survived the move, I had a cooking accident where I chopped some of my index nail...oops.

I'd love to know if you're getting pulled into the festive manis and color schemes or sticking to more traditional fall colors? 

No comments:

Post a Comment