Saturday, August 1, 2015

#StampingSaturday: Love Birds


This Saturday I'd like to share my Robin Moses inspired "love bird" mani. Last Saturday I hung out with a lovely lady who lives nearby and is also into polish and stamping, it was a stamping play date of sorts. We actually met in Claire's last year while both trying to find a marshmallow stamper, haha. So I got to peruse her plates collection, and being the hoarder that I am, I had a handful of stamper heads with me so I borrowed this bird images from her FUN15  (with MdU Black) plate and took them home with me - and this is what I did with them! Apologizes in advance for the picture heavy post, but I really liked the outcome!

I just used green, blue and violet colors, rather than then full rainbow spectrum as Robin did in her video.
Close up of the pinkie. 
The index finger might be my favorite!

And this is what's underneath all that stamping. The colors for the gradient are all from Bonita. I quite like them and having found 3 summer collections...well, I didn't have to talk myself into it. $1.99 to $2.49 @RiteAid and BOGO 1/2 off make this a no-brainer!
L-R: The Best Mint, Turq it!, Blue Water Lily, My Avatar, Purr in Purple
And what's that silvery stuff? It's Liquid Sky Lacquer Perfect Match. It's a silver holo with sterling silver flakies. I actually used it my base and wanted to use jelly polishes for the gradient but the colors were too similar, so I covered that up with Bonitas and dabbed more Perfect Match on top.
Solo Perfect Match! Shown in 3 coats.



I would love to hear your feedback and thoughts on this mani, I had a lot of fun putting it together!
And as usual, if you stamp, join us this Saturday! And all the Saturdays to come ;)


get the InLinkz code

No comments:

Post a Comment